Twitter has released interesting dates to celebrate 10 years of K-Pop on Twitter!
On September 21, Twitter released a report on K-Pop Twitter stats and announced that there were a total of 6.1 billion K-Pop-related tweets over the past year.
Between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020, the most famous countries that tweeted about K-pop were as follows:
The first method uses the number of unique K-Pop fan users on Twitter to determine the top 20 markets, while the second method uses the total number of K-Pop related tweets.
Twitter and K-Pop Radar worked together from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 to analyze tweets in 20 countries. The results are shown below.
Top 10 Most Famous K-Pop Artists:
Top 10 Fastest Growing K-Pop Artists:
Top 10 Most Cited K-Pop Songs:
- EXO’s “Obsession”
- BTS is “ON”
- BTSs “Boy With Luv”
- BTSs “Black Swan”
- BTSs “shadow”
- SuperMs “jumping”
- BTS’s “DNA”
- Got7’s “NOT BY THE MOON”
- BLACKPINK’s “As You Like It”
- TWICE “Feel Special”
Below are the K-Pop artists with the most followers on Twitter.
- BTS (28.5 million)
- EXO (8.9 million)
- Got7 (8.5 million)
- TWICE (6 million)
- SEVENTEEN (5.6 million)
- TXT (5.4 million)
- BLACKPINK (4.9 million)
- NCT (4.2 million)
- MONSTA X (3.9 million)
- Generation of girls (3.5 million)
- BIGBANG’s G-Dragon (8.7 million)
- Choi Siwon from Super Junior (7.1 million)
- Nichkhun by 2 PM (7 million)
- Got7s BamBam (6.4 million)
- Got7 mark (5.7 million)
- Sandara Park (5.4 million)
- Super Junior Donghae (5.2 million)
- Yesung by Super Junior (5.2 million)
- Baekhyun from EXO (4.5 million)
- Super Junior Leeteuk (4.3 million)
Twitter also shared an infographic showing how the K-pop conversation on Twitter has changed over the past decade.
What do you think of this data?
How do you feel about this article?