Gallup Korea has released its results for the most popular artists and songs of 2020!
Research firm Gallup Korea conducted surveys of 5,100 people aged 13 and over in Korea (excluding Jeju Island) in July, September, October and November to find out their favorite singers and songs from that year.
The error rate is ± 2.0 percent with a confidence level of 95 percent.
Respondents were split into two different area groups (13 to 39 and 40 and above) and asked to list up to three of their favorite artists / groups by 2020.
The top 10 answers for the age group 13 to 39 years old are as follows:
- BTS (39.2 percent)
- IU (21.1 percent)
- BLACKPINK (13.6 percent)
- In Young Woong (10.8 percent)
- TWICE (7.8 percent)
- Young Tak (7.7 percent)
- Zico (5.7 percent)
- Red velvet (4.8 percent)
- MAMAMOOHwasa (4.3 percent)
- Paul Kim (4.1 percent)
The top 10 answers for the age group 40+ are as follows:
- In Young Woong (36.9 percent)
- Young Tak (27.3 percent)
- Na Hoon Ah (17.2 percent)
- Jang Yoon Jung (12.8 percent)
- Jin Sung (12.1 percent)
- Jung Dong Won / Lee Chan Won (10.4 percent)
- – –
- Kim Ho Joong (10.0 percent)
- Song Ga In (8.6 percent)
- BTS (8.3 percent)
In the list chosen by respondents between the ages of 13 and 39, BTS held its first place for the third year in a row. IU moved up to second place this year after being ranked 4th last year, and BLACKPINK moved up to third on the list.
In the Young Woon entered both lists and even placed first in the ranking of respondents aged 40+. The young Tak and Na Hoon Ah came in second and third. Jung Dong Won and Lee Chan Won shared sixth place.
The second question asked respondents to list up to three of their favorite songs in 2020 (although it wasn’t necessarily published that year).
The top 10 for the age group 13 to 39 years old are as follows:
- BTS – “Dynamite” (19.6 percent)
- IU – “eight” (7.6 percent)
- Hwasa – “Maria” (5.8 percent)
- Zico – “Any Song” (5.0 percent)
- BLACKPINK – “Lovesick Girls” (3.9 percent)
- Im Young Woong – trust in me (3.7 percent)
- Jessi – “NUNU NANA” / BTS – “Boy with Luv” (3.4 percent)
- – –
- BLACKPINK – “As you like it” (3.2 percent)
- Young Tak – “Jin Jin Jin” (3.1 percent)
The song rankings for Group 40 and above included four songs by Im Young Woong, two songs by Young Tak, and songs by other trotting singers such as Na Hoon Ah, Jin Sung, and Lee Chan Won. The young Tak took first place with his song “A Glass of Makgeolli”.
BTS’s “Dynamite” took first place among respondents between the ages of 13 and 39, and the group’s hit “Boy With Luv”, which reached number 1 last year, shared seventh place with Jessi’s “NUNU NANA”. In Young Woongs “Trust In Me” was included in the ranking for both age groups.
How do you feel about this article?